Posts for: November, 2018
Have a chronic disease? A rehabilitation doctor can help! Rehabilitation is a branch of medicine that specializes in diagnosis, treatment, and management of diseases primarily using "physical" means, such as medications and physical therapy. RMS Consultations, which is located in Southfield, MI, offers a full range of rehabilitation services to the patients we serve. Dr. Antoine Geffrard is one of the top doctors in Southfield, MI. Here's how we can help treat chronic diseases.
1. Improve Mobility- RMS Consultations helps people of all ages who have injuries or illnesses that limit their ability to move and function. If you are having trouble walking or moving— no matter your age—rehabilitation therapy can help improve your mobility. Strengthening and stretching exercises can help restore your ability to move.
2. Eliminate Pain- Rehabilitation doctors are an important part of treatment of patients with chronic pain. Rehabilitation therapy is one of the best choices you can make if you have chronic pain.
3. Stroke Recovery- It's common to lose some degree of function and movement after a stroke. Rehabilitation doctors can design recovery exercise programs for their patients to help them recover from a stroke. Rehabilitation therapy helps strengthen weakened parts of the body, improve balance, and promote maximum patient recovery.
4. Manage Diabetes- Rehabilitation doctors often create an individual management plan for managing diabetes and vascular conditions. Doctors help people with diabetes participate in safe exercise programs to reduce their pain, improve their ability to move, perform daily activities, and lower their blood sugar levels.
5. Heart Health- Rehabilitation therapy can improve your heart health if you have experienced a heart attack, heart failure, angioplasty or heart surgery. Rehabilitation doctors often create a structured program of exercise and education designed to help their patients return to optimal fitness and function following an event like a heart attack.
You have the power to improve your life. You can take charge of your life and live successfully with a chronic illness. Call RMS Consultations at 248-663-5353 today to schedule a consultation in Southfield, MI. You will experience exemplary service and world-class care at RMS Consultations!
Understanding your medication and treatment options shouldn’t be difficult.
Do you remember a time when doctors would sit down with you and really spend time going through your medical history to make sure you got the proper care you deserved? Patients felt listened to and cared for; no one felt like just another number. Nowadays it can often feel like doctors just want to rush you in and out of the office. You may have questions about the new medications you received or perhaps you want to make sure that the medication you are taking is truly the right choice for you. This is where our Southfield, MI, medical specialist Dr. Antoine Geffrard comes in.
Most of the time patients are given medications without really being fully informed about why they are taking it or even how to properly take it. This can leave a lot of people in the dark. Not to mention the fact that this could be potentially dangerous if the medication is taken incorrectly. Here at RMS Consultations, our Southfield, MI, physician will sit down with you and look through the medications you are taking to answer any questions you might have, address your concerns, and to discuss alternative treatment options based on your current condition.
We see a lot of confusion with regards to medication after a patient has left the hospital. Maybe you went in for an emergency room visit or you had emergency surgery. During these moments emotions are high and you aren’t always thinking as clearly. Plus, doctors often are hurried to provide care and don’t fully explain your medication to you. You may have walked out of the hospital feeling like you didn’t fully understand what medication you were taking, how to take it, or why you are even taking it. These are all questions we can address for you.
Furthermore, there are some people who may not have to take certain medications if they change their lifestyle for the better. This is also something we can talk about during your evaluation. Imagine changing your diet and improving your health without having to take medication for the rest of your life if you don’t have to. Your health is our top priority when you walk through our door. Imagine receiving compassionate, agenda-free medical care. That’s the way it should always be.
Here at RMS Consultations in Southfield, MI, we want our patients to be fully informed about the medical care they are receiving. If you want to talk to us about certain medications you are taking or other treatments you are receiving, then call our office today to schedule an appointment.