Losing weight may seem challenging, but it could provide you with numerous health benefits. If you are above the average weight, it could put you at risk of serious health issues. Moreover, losing even just as much as 5% of your body weight could improve your overall health along with your self-esteem.
If you’re having issues with your weight, don’t fret. You can consult our physician here in RMS Consultations in Southfield, MI, Dr. Antoine Geffrard for professional advice on weight management.
Main Weight Loss Benefits
- Reduced risk of developing heart disease
- Decreased risk of diabetes
- Improved blood sugar levels
- Reduced risk of some types of cancers
- Enhanced mobility
- Decreased risk of stroke
- Better cholesterol levels
- Decreased joint pain
- Lessened back pain
- Reduced risk of sleep apnea
- Reduced risk of osteoarthritis
Besides the fact that weight loss offers numerous health benefits, it could likewise impact your lifestyle positively with benefits such as:
- Boosted self-esteem and confidence
- More energy
- Improved sleep
- Better mood
- Improved vitality
- Reduced stress
- Improved sex life
- A more active social life
Having a Hard Time Losing Weight?
Along with professional help from your physician in Southfield, MI, the following are some essential guidelines that have been proven to effectively aid you in your weight loss journey:
- Drink more water. This can boost your metabolism by as much as 24% to 30%, helping you burn off a bit more calories. Drinking water before a meal likewise causes you to eat less, which can help you lose 44% more weight.
- Consume a variety of nutritious and colorful foods. An ideal yet viable meal for weight loss involves eating 25% protein, 50% vegetables and fruits, and 25% whole grains. You should refrain from eating processed foods, trans fats, and saturated fats.
- Exercise and participate in physical activity regularly. This will benefit your mental health and is vital in losing weight a healthy way.
- Portion and measure your servings. The overconsumption of foods often leads to weight gain. Consider using measuring cups and make sure to follow the recommended serving sizes. Guessing the serving size of a certain food can lead to overestimation, which means that there’s a chance that you may consume more calories than needed.
- Avoid liquid calories. Beverages like tea, coffee, soda, juice, or alcohol with added sugar can make you consume loads of unwanted calories.
- Practice mindful eating. Mindful eating means knowing why, how, when, where, and what we eat. Individuals who eat mindfully chew slowly to savor the food, letting their body feel satiety. You should prioritize the feeling of satisfaction or satiety, rather than being full, and observe healthful food choices.
- Get sufficient restorative sleep. Sleeping poorly is linked to obesity and a host of chronic health issues in both adults and children. Seven to nine hours of sleep is enough to energize you for the day ahead.
For Expert Advice on Healthy Weight Loss, Reach Out to Us
Call (248) 663-5353 to book a consultation with Dr. Antoine Geffrard of RMS Consultations here in Southfield, MI.