Your PM&R doctor in Southfield, MI, can help you feel better
A PM&R doctor is a physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist. A PM&R doctor is an expert in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the brain, spinal cord, bones, joints, nerves, muscles, ligaments, and tendons.
Dr. Antoine Geffrard at RMS Consultations in Southfield, MI, provides a wide range of PM&R services to help you feel better.
Physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists work differently than other physicians. They concentrate on the body as a whole, rather than individual parts. In this way, your PM&R doctor can identify and treat issues, without painful, invasive surgery.
According to the American Association of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, you should consider seeing a PM&R doctor if you:
- Have been involved in an accident, injury, or have a debilitating condition which has caused pain or limited function
- Are considering or recovering from surgery
- Are suffering from an illness or treatment which is reducing your energy and mobility
- Are recovering from a stroke or condition involving nerve damage
- Deal with chronic pain from arthritis, repetitive stress, or back issues
- Are overweight, have a sedentary lifestyle, or have age-related issues
- Are experiencing life changes which have caused problems with physical function
The PM&R doctor will:
- Assess your condition
- Consider your needs and expectations
- Determine if you have any serious medical illnesses requiring treatment
- Develop a treatment plan customized to enhance your health and improve your level of physical function
Your treatment plan may include:
- An exercise program tailored to your individual conditions and limitations
- A diet regimen to provide vital nutrients and help you maintain a healthy weight
- Physical therapy and stretching to increase strength, flexibility, and range of motion
- Medication to reduce swelling, inflammation, and pain
- Assistive devices like braces and walking boots to provide stability while you heal
- Therapeutic massage and other techniques to enhance your overall feeling of wellness
To learn more about the services available from a PM&R doctor and how they can help you, call Dr. Antoine Geffrard at RMS Consultations in Southfield, MI. You can reach him in the office by calling (248) 663-5353, so call now.