How your doctor in Southfield, MI, can help you maintain excellent health
Your overall health is important if you want to live a great life. Living your life free of disease and illness is a wonderful goal, and there are natural ways to achieve it. Your doctor can help you stay healthy.
Dr. Antoine Geffrard at RMS Consultations in Southfield, MI, provides comprehensive medical care, to help you maintain excellent health.
There are some positive, natural steps you can take to help you maintain great overall health. One of the most important ways to keep healthy is to eat a healthy diet. Your diet should include:
- Plenty of vegetables and fruits. They are both high in disease-fighting antioxidants and fiber, and low in calories and sugar.
- Lean meats like fish and poultry. Try to limit red meat in your diet. It’s higher in fat and cholesterol.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated. Water is necessary to live, so try drinking at least 8 glasses every day.
Avoid sources of high fat and sugar, including:
- Greasy, fried foods
- Full-fat dairy products
- Candy and pastries
Practice portion control by placing your food on 9-inch plates, not large dinner plates. This will naturally limit your portions so you can maintain a healthy weight.
In addition to diet, regular exercise is vital, especially as you grow older. Exercise is great for your heart, and your muscles, to help you stay strong. Remember to:
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes on most days of the week. Pick exercises you enjoy doing, so you can stick with them.
- Do weight-bearing exercises like walking or lifting weights because this helps to keep your bones strong.
- Plan some aerobic exercise like walking, jogging, or swimming. Aerobic exercise helps keep your heart healthy.
Stress can be very hard on your health, so try to do some type of stress management exercise daily. This can be in the form of:
- Deep breathing
Regular doctor visits are also an important way to safeguard your health. Your doctor is an expert at keeping you healthy. When you schedule a yearly checkup, your doctor can identify small health issues and treat them, so they won’t grow into serious medical conditions.
To find out more about natural approaches to help you maintain excellent health, talk with an expert. Call Dr. Antoine E. Geffrard of RMS Consultations in Southfield, MI, at (248) 663-5353. Call today!