If you’re ready to make important and lasting changes to your life and your health, Dr. Antoine Geffrard at RMS Consultations in Southfield, MI, offers lifestyle counseling to help.
Lifestyle Counseling and General Health
Did you know that everything you do each day from how well you sleep and how you sit to what you eat and do in your spare time can positively or negatively impact your general health? It’s very true. Your body is like a machine, and how you treat it can either help it run smoothly or cause it to wear down before its time. However, completely overhauling your life and habits can be a challenge.
Lifestyle counseling can help you address the various factors in your life that have a negative impact and create small but lasting changes that build onto one another over time. Learn below the types of factors lifestyle counseling addresses and how making changes can benefit your life in the guide from Dr. Geffrard and the team at RMS Consultations in Southfield, MI.
While anything that goes on in your day and your life can impact your health, some of the most common aspects addressed through lifestyle changes include:
- Workplace ergonomics
- Nutrition and hydration
- Increasing physical activity
- Sleep habits and environment
- Harmful habits like smoking and drinking
Benefits of Lifestyle Changes on Overall Health and Wellness
It can be difficult to name every benefit you can gain from making even small lifestyle changes, as they are highly personalized to the individual. However, the following are some of the most common.
- More restful sleep: The body needs rest to restore, recharge, and fight off illnesses. More restful sleep leads to various other benefits.
- Increased energy: When you’re fueling and hydrating your body properly, managing stress, sleeping, and eating well, you’ll begin to notice a natural increase in energy.
- Naturally fight health conditions: Taking better care of yourself helps strengthen your immunity. Additionally, exercising, eating well, and staying hydrated improves organ function, blood circulation, heart health, oxygen circulation, and more.
- Less pain and fewer headaches: Most headaches come from issues like stress, not sleeping well, and a lack of nutrition. Various types of bodily pain come from weight issues, being sedentary, and similar issues.
- Weight loss and healthy weight management: Your weight not only plays a role in your physical health but also your emotional health.
Learn more about the many benefits that lifestyle counseling can offer you by visiting Dr. Geffrard at RMS Consultations in Southfield, MI. Call (248) 663-5353 to schedule an appointment today.