All professionals at RMS Consultations maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in the medical field. Read on to learn more about our staff's experience and training.
Dr. Antoine E. Geffrard, M.D.
Dr. Geffrard has a unique and far reaching history of medical training and experience spanning more than 40 years. He completed medical training at Wayne State University/Detroit Medical Center and the Detroit VAMC in two separate specialties of medicine - Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R), and also Internal Medicine. He has served as a senior physician across several medical services and in leadership positions throughout the Detroit Medical Center, and at Wayne State University Medical School. These have included:
- Chief of Rehabilitation for Medical, Trauma, and Burn Surgery Services at Detroit Receiving Hospital.
- Chief of Staff at The Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan, overseeing one of the largest acute care rehabilitation hospitals in the country.
- Associate Professor and Director of the residency program in PM&R for Wayne State University School of Medicine.
- Director of Geriatric Rehabilitation, Rosa Parks Clinic University Health Center/Detroit Receiving Hospital
- Director of Burn injury rehabilitation services, Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
- Member of the Medical Executive Committee for the Detroit Medical Center.
Dr. Geffrard 's private practice focuses on the care of patients and families who are recovering from serious illness and trauma - especially those who suffer from the debilitating effects of prolonged illness and hospitalization, major musculoskeletal injury, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, burn injury, and stroke.
He actively serves on several Southeastern Michigan metro area church committees focused on community health and youth development. He lectures regularly in educational presentations aimed at health maintenance and recovery from illness for the elderly, cancer survivors, and victims of violence.
In the fall of 2017, Dr. Geffrard established The RMS Knitwork, a charitable medical service founded on the premise that "warmth is medicine". The service provides "warm wear" to vulnerable children and adults throughout the cold winter months of the year.