Posts for tag: RMS Consultation
Are you having difficulty controlling a chronic condition or feeling a little frustrated that your recovery from an illness or accident is taking so long? If so, Dr. Antoine Geffrard of RMS Consultations in Southfield, MI, can help you identify the factors affecting your health or recovery and make appropriate treatment recommendations.
Issues you'll discuss during your consultation
Every visit includes a thorough review of your symptoms, medical history, medications, surgeries, and lifestyle. Your doctor will take the time to get to know you and understand your concerns, instead of merely focusing on your symptoms.
During your visit, he'll review:
- Your Ability to Function: Recovery from a serious illness or injury doesn't happen overnight. It can take weeks to regain your strength and improve your mobility. Your doctor will evaluate the issues that affect your ability to walk, move, or maintain your balance and suggest therapies and interventions that may help you regain your independence.
- Medications: Medications can offer an effective way to treat many illnesses, conditions, and symptoms. Unfortunately, unpleasant side effects are more likely to occur as the number of medications you take increases. Your doctor will determine which medications are truly necessary and which can be changed or stopped during your visit to the Southfield office.
- Your Lifestyle: Your job, your hobbies, your habits, your diet, and your fitness level may also impact your health. During your consultation, you'll talk about possible lifestyle changes you can make to improve your health, such as losing weight, quitting smoking, improving your diet, exercising more or managing stress more effectively.
- Your Condition or Illness: Your doctor will share in-depth information about your condition, prognosis, and treatments in order to help you make healthcare decisions. He'll explain everything in clear, easy-to-understand language to ensure that you're as knowledgeable as possible about your condition.
Do you often feel as though the doctor has no time for you? When you come in to visit the doctor, do you feel cared for? Does your doctor spend the time necessary to answer your questions? If you are experiencing longer wait times, with less time to actually spend with your doctor, you are not alone. Today’s doctors have tightly packed schedules, with little time to interact with you.
It’s time for new medical care, that can help you feel better. At RMS Consultations in Southfield, Michigan, an RMS consultation with Dr. Antoine E. Geffrard can change the way you think about medical care. Your body is complicated, and it can be affected by many different factors including your physical health, mental well-being, medications, lifestyle, diet, and many other issues.
During an RMS consultation, your doctor will take the time necessary to get to know you and your health issues. These are just a few of the areas your doctor will discuss with you:
- Your medical history
- Your recent hospitalizations
- Your current medications
- Your diet and lifestyle
- Your current medical issues
At an RMS consultation, our doctor will do an in-depth analysis of your medications and why you are taking each of them. Medications are powerful, and can often interact with each other to produce harmful consequences. It’s important for you and your doctor to discuss your overall medications and develop an effective medication regimen.
Dr. Geffrard will also assess your overall level of function. Failure to thrive is a common issue after hospitalizations or long illnesses. He will develop a comprehensive treatment plan to help you regain your full function and good health.
Your diet and lifestyle play a vital role in how you feel. At RMS consultations, Dr. Geffrard will help you develop a plan of diet, exercise, vitamins, nutrients, and other key components to help you build a healthy life.
You deserve excellent healthcare. To find out more about what an RMS consultation can do for you, call Dr. Antoine E. Geffrardat RMS Consultations in Southfield, Michigan today.