Posts for tag: Chronic Disease
Have a chronic disease? A rehabilitation doctor can help! Rehabilitation is a branch of medicine that specializes in diagnosis, treatment, and management of diseases primarily using "physical" means, such as medications and physical therapy. RMS Consultations, which is located in Southfield, MI, offers a full range of rehabilitation services to the patients we serve. Dr. Antoine Geffrard is one of the top doctors in Southfield, MI. Here's how we can help treat chronic diseases.
1. Improve Mobility- RMS Consultations helps people of all ages who have injuries or illnesses that limit their ability to move and function. If you are having trouble walking or moving— no matter your age—rehabilitation therapy can help improve your mobility. Strengthening and stretching exercises can help restore your ability to move.
2. Eliminate Pain- Rehabilitation doctors are an important part of treatment of patients with chronic pain. Rehabilitation therapy is one of the best choices you can make if you have chronic pain.
3. Stroke Recovery- It's common to lose some degree of function and movement after a stroke. Rehabilitation doctors can design recovery exercise programs for their patients to help them recover from a stroke. Rehabilitation therapy helps strengthen weakened parts of the body, improve balance, and promote maximum patient recovery.
4. Manage Diabetes- Rehabilitation doctors often create an individual management plan for managing diabetes and vascular conditions. Doctors help people with diabetes participate in safe exercise programs to reduce their pain, improve their ability to move, perform daily activities, and lower their blood sugar levels.
5. Heart Health- Rehabilitation therapy can improve your heart health if you have experienced a heart attack, heart failure, angioplasty or heart surgery. Rehabilitation doctors often create a structured program of exercise and education designed to help their patients return to optimal fitness and function following an event like a heart attack.
You have the power to improve your life. You can take charge of your life and live successfully with a chronic illness. Call RMS Consultations at 248-663-5353 today to schedule a consultation in Southfield, MI. You will experience exemplary service and world-class care at RMS Consultations!