Posts for tag: Chronic Disease
Want to discuss more effective strategies to help you manage your chronic illness?
The healthcare system has changed a lot over the years. Many people remember a time when doctors sat with you and really got to know the issues you were dealing with. They didn’t just write a prescription and send you on your way; they actually listened to your needs. Nowadays, people find that most doctors rush them in and out of the office, spending no more than 10-15 minutes with them; however, if you are dealing with a chronic health problem you need more individualized care and attention. This is where our Southfield, MI, physician, Dr. Antoine Geffrard, comes in!
Common Chronic Diseases
Currently, we are seeing an alarming increase in chronic disorders in the US. In fact, almost half of all Americans have at least one chronic disorder, and one or more of the top five chronic disorders below are responsible for more than two-thirds of all deaths in the country,
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Heart disease
How RMS Consultations Can Help
If you are living with a chronic disease in the Southfield area, the most important thing is that you have a team of doctors that you trust to provide you with the optimum care you need to improve your quality of life. Our medical team knows that living with a chronic disorder isn’t always easy, but we are here to reduce your burden by providing,
Answers and recommendations regarding medications: Not sure that you’re taking your medication correctly? Don’t feel like the medication you are taking is working? Are the side effects of your medication outweighing the benefits? We want to make sure that you are getting the proper medication you need to manage your symptoms. We can go through your current medication schedule to determine whether a different medication may yield better results and fewer side effects.
Lifestyle modifications and healthy living advice: There is a lot of information out there about health, fitness, and dieting. So much so that it can be rather daunting. Not to mention the fact that a lot of information simply isn’t accurate. Fortunately, simple lifestyle changes can greatly enhance your health and reduce flare-ups. Turn to our Southfield, MI, doctor to help you create a healthy diet or to help you choose the right exercise regimen to fit your current health and activity level.
Give us a call!
Here at RMS Consultations in Southfield, MI, we want you to fully understand your condition and know how to best treat it.
If you are looking for a second opinion or are having issues getting your symptoms under control, then call our office today at (248) 663-5353 to schedule an appointment. We provide the old-school personalized medical care you remember (and love!) with the newest technologies and treatments available.
Have a chronic disease? A rehabilitation doctor can help! Rehabilitation is a branch of medicine that specializes in diagnosis, treatment, and management of diseases primarily using "physical" means, such as medications and physical therapy. RMS Consultations, which is located in Southfield, MI, offers a full range of rehabilitation services to the patients we serve. Dr. Antoine Geffrard is one of the top doctors in Southfield, MI. Here's how we can help treat chronic diseases.
1. Improve Mobility- RMS Consultations helps people of all ages who have injuries or illnesses that limit their ability to move and function. If you are having trouble walking or moving— no matter your age—rehabilitation therapy can help improve your mobility. Strengthening and stretching exercises can help restore your ability to move.
2. Eliminate Pain- Rehabilitation doctors are an important part of treatment of patients with chronic pain. Rehabilitation therapy is one of the best choices you can make if you have chronic pain.
3. Stroke Recovery- It's common to lose some degree of function and movement after a stroke. Rehabilitation doctors can design recovery exercise programs for their patients to help them recover from a stroke. Rehabilitation therapy helps strengthen weakened parts of the body, improve balance, and promote maximum patient recovery.
4. Manage Diabetes- Rehabilitation doctors often create an individual management plan for managing diabetes and vascular conditions. Doctors help people with diabetes participate in safe exercise programs to reduce their pain, improve their ability to move, perform daily activities, and lower their blood sugar levels.
5. Heart Health- Rehabilitation therapy can improve your heart health if you have experienced a heart attack, heart failure, angioplasty or heart surgery. Rehabilitation doctors often create a structured program of exercise and education designed to help their patients return to optimal fitness and function following an event like a heart attack.
You have the power to improve your life. You can take charge of your life and live successfully with a chronic illness. Call RMS Consultations at 248-663-5353 today to schedule a consultation in Southfield, MI. You will experience exemplary service and world-class care at RMS Consultations!